How emotionally intelligent are you?

How emotionally intelligent are you?

How emotionally intelligent are you? 1587 1116 Manolis Stratakis

Emotional Intelligence

According to the latest studies (mainly through the work of Daniel Goleman), the – until recently underrated – Emotional Intelligence (EQ) contributes an 80% to success in life, while IQ supplies the rest 20%. On top of that, although none of them is considered fixed and permanent, Emotional Intelligence is the one with greater margins for development and growth. Let’s check the degree of our own EQ and see how we can improve it!

Below you will find a checklist with the most important characteristics of High Emotional Intelligence. Check which of those you possess and mark them from 1-10, with as much accuracy as possible.

  1. [    ] ​Self-control and self-discipline
  2. [    ] Impulse control
  3. [    ] Openness, adaptation and embracing change
  4. [    ] Ability to perform under conditions of pressure
  5. [    ] Good understanding of our own emotions
  6. [    ] Good understanding of the emotions of others
  7. [    ] Awareness of our strengths and weaknesses
  8. [    ] Optimism
  9. [    ] Self-confidence
  10. [    ] Good communication skills
  11. [    ] Acceptance of criticism by other people
  12. [    ] Ability to disagree without causing tension
  13. [    ] Ability to offer constructive criticism
  14. [    ] Initiative taking
  15. [    ] Cultivating trust in relationships
  16. [    ] Ability to self-motivate in order to reach our goals
  17. [    ] Ability to lead and influence
  18. [    ] Resistance to prejudice
  19. [    ] Decisiveness
  20. [    ] Persuasion
  21. [    ] Patience
  22. [    ] Persistence
  23. [    ] Curiosity
  24. [    ] Ability to inspire others
  25. [    ] Cooperate without competing
  26. [    ] Ability to teamwork
  27. [    ] Maintaining control in crisis situations
  28. [    ] Control impatience
  29. [    ] Ability to focus
  30. [    ] Acceptance of defeat and failure
  31. [    ] Ability to listen before talking
  32. [    ] Acceptance of our weaknesses
  33. [    ] Personal and work ethics
  34. [    ] Ability to neutralize toxic people
  35. [    ] Giving without expecting
  36. [    ] Knowing when and feeling comfortable saying no
  37. [    ] Ability to slow down, disconnect and relax
  38. [    ] Ability of quick recovery after a mistake or failure
  39. [    ] Robust emotional vocabulary
  40. [    ] Resistance to perfectionism

 

Now check at which of them you score high and which you score low and write them on the table:

 

I score high

I want to improve

 

Finally, just make a note of those which seem especially important to you and you would like to improve. Let this new realization linger in your mind for the days to come.

 

 

1 Comment

Call Us

+30 2810 258371

E-mail

info@innobatics.com

Address: Georgiou Vasilaki 73, 71410, Heraklio Crete, Greece
© 2018 All rights reserved by Innobatics Sitemap